You’ve remained awake throughout the night feeding your kid, dealt with the toddler temper tantrums and their back-to-the-school days. Does the word “teenager” make you worried? But why?
Teen years are the phase of intense growth not only physically but also intellectually and emotionally. Undoubtedly, it is a period of confusion and upheaval between parents and children. It is also the time to nurture kids so that they turn out to be distinct personalities in the future.
Yet time and again, often parents – both mother and father ask -, “Can you help us with conversation starters for teens to communicate in a much better way?” But, there are always good teenage topics for discussions. Also, a good start with a decent teenage conversation topic can help a lot in the long run. Maybe your ward gets the feeling that my parents listen to me or understand my feelings.
Whether you are looking forward to conversation starters for teenage crush over text or topics to discuss with teenage students.
The following is the list of 100+ conversation starters for teens.
Also Read: 50+ Extremely Hard Dares for Teenagers
Conversation Starters for Teens
There is a myriad of questions to ask a teenager. To help you get started, we have created the following list of conversation starters for teens.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you travel to?
- What is your definition of a “perfect day”?
- What is your fond memory with us till now?
- What qualities are you looking for in a girlfriend?
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
- If you could meet anyone – dead or alive, who would it be?
- If you could be any animal – who would you want to?
- What is your dream job?
- Which is one vegetable that you can eat for the rest of your life?
- You want to be a teetotaler or an occasional drinker?
- What was your favorite rhyme when you were a little?
- What is the first thing on your bucket list?
- Would you rather live on the beach or in the mountains?
- If you could be the lead character of any novel, which would it be?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, with whom would you like to travel?
- Are there any bullies in your school? If so, how do you deal with them?
- What do you usually like to do after school?
- Which sports and video games you find interesting?
- How do you like spending your weekends?
- What is something that interests you when you feel bored?
- What is something that you feel passionate about?
- What talents or skills do you possess?
- Do you speak any other languages? Which are those?
- What subject do you want to teach if you’ve made a teacher for a day?
- Do you like going to school or studying online?
You May Also Like: 120+ Latest Truth or Dare Questions for Teenagers
Teenage Topics for Discussion
Looking for interesting teenage topics for discussion? You have an overflowing laundry basket full of topics. You can start the debates with the following open-ended questions for the teenager:
- Safe Driving
- Sex Education
- Respect for Females
- Social Media Platform
- Mobile Phones & Technology
- Feminism and Women Empowerment
- Recreational Drug Use
- Alcohol Consumption & Smoking
- Stress, Anxiety, and Depression
- Oral Sex
- Online Sex Chats
- Online Dating
- Peer Pressure
- Study & Goals Pressure
- Talents and Possible Jobs
- About finances and money
- About menstrual cycles
- Body Confidence
- Spotting in Girls
- Physical changes
Questions to Ask a Teenager
We have brainstormed questionnaires about teenage life; you can ask your son or daughter at the dinner table or whenever you feel like. Just start the conversation to know them better.
- Do you believe in soul mates and true love?
- What makes you most afraid?
- One incident that gives you Goosebumps?
- How do you handle stress?
- What did you dream about last night?
- What type of music makes you particularly happy?
- Have you thought about your future endeavors?
- Do you consider yourself spiritual or religious?
- Introvert or Extrovert – what are you up to?
- Are you more practical or creative?
- What is the role of the family in your life?
- What motivates you the most?
- Do you find it difficult or easy to make friends?
- If you could go back in time, which era would you prefer?
- Do you feel like a responsible young adult?
- Your idea about piercings and tattoos?
- As parents, do we ever embarrass you?
- What family activities do you like being part of?
- How would you describe your own personality?
- Do you think coffee and caffeine are drugs?
- Do you think one should be married to have sex?
- Is being fit and exercising vital for you?
- Do you think it’s okay to lie?
- How do you want to be remembered?
- Do you think you hold yourself back?
Checkout: 100+ Sexual Dares for Guys/Girls
Questions to Ask a Teenage Guy
Penetrating the brain of a teenager is a cumbersome process. Families adopt a lot of tricks to know what is exactly going on in the mind of their son. Following are the questions to ask a teenage guy to start the conversation:
- What is one thing that you’re proud of?
- What is the best thing about your life right now?
- What is one thing that makes you feel scared?
- What are your personal goals?
- What makes you feel insecure?
- What are your expectations from a love relationship?
- What expectations do you have of yourself?
- What are your professional goals?
- What do you expect from your life partner?
- Describe yourself in one word?
- What do you think is your best physical feature?
- How do your friends and teachers describe you?
- What’s your go-to alcoholic drink?
- What are your three wishes upon the star?
- What’s your biggest regret?
- Are women equal to men?
- Did I ever tell you how I met your mother?
- Any shows on Netflix you would recommend us to watch?
- Do you think our family has enough money?
- How do you think the world will eventually end?
- Which teacher in your school is the scariest?
- Which songs have made way to your heart and head?
- Do you like your handwriting and voice?
- What is your favorite snack food?
- If you’re allowed to get yourself tattooed, where would it be?
Read on: 100+ Questions to Ask on Tinder
Questions to Ask a Teenage Girl
As children make their way into a teenager, parents start feeling disconnected. The following are the alternate questions to ask a teenage girl that parents might consider asking their little girl.
- Do you have any crush in your school?
- What are all the fun activities you want to do with your parents?
- What more could we do to make you feel supported?
- Do you wish that we should have pushed you more?
- Do you feel that we have given you knowledge about adulthood on time?
- What is the worst thing you plan to do as a teenager?
- Did you ever get in trouble where you felt alone?
- How about something you were never caught doing?
- Do you trust us – father and mother?
- Did you ever get peer pressured?
- How do you feel whenever I ask – “whom are you texting”?
- Do you search for our room when we are out?
- Have you ever been dishonest?
- Have you ever read my diary or our love letters?
- Do you want to ask us questions?
- Why don’t you spend some quality time with us?
- Why are you so sensitive?
- Why are you so emotional?
- Why did you do that?
- Why didn’t you say no?
- Why don’t you get over with bad memories?
- Why is your room always a disaster area?
- How is your appetite?
- What are your plans for the rest of your life?
- Why can’t you be more like him or her?
Raising teenagers is challenging!! It is part and parcel of every parent’s life. We were also teenagers at one point in our lives.
The thing that makes bringing a teenager challenging is they start spending more time with their friends, thus making a disconnection with parents. It is where you have to take the first step!! We have to make them learn to be independent adults.
The necessary and healthy approach to keeping yourself connected with your teenage son or daughter is discussing teenage issue topics. Often, come up with teenage topics to talk about and keep the bond going.